Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Introduction

With the advent of Promethean and Smart Boards in the classroom, there's always a shortage of captivating graphics to use with these new tools.  If you've checked out the manuals for these boards, you know that it can take all year to even hope to learn half of the features that they offer.  Looking for free resources online is a great way to get you started.  Personally, I don't like to use other teachers lessons because tailoring them to my needs is almost as time consuming as starting from scratch.  However, I will use any graphics that I can find (legally, of course) in my Smart board presentations.

That's what I hope to offer you here.  Maybe not a huge catalog, but some of the few frames that I've spent time creating to introduce the lessons.  I always find it nice to put an interesting graphic on the board related to the lesson or just as an eye-catcher.  The students come to expect an explanation of how it's related to the lesson, or they want to know how the graphic was created, or just think it's pleasant to look at!

For the record, I'm a high school teacher and will be teaching Algebra 2, Precalculus, and Calculus this year.  With each graphic that I post I'll give a few ideas for discussion, if relevant.  Let me know if you enjoy them or have any ideas that you'd like to see.  Also, all of the graphics I've created are made using Photoshop CS5.  

No comments:

Post a Comment